"two mountains standing tall, 
snow clinging
looking over spring
yearning
a sapphire river runs 
right through the middle of it,
a valley, wild flowers and me.
sitting over a rock, looking over
the realness of the landscape
I remember 
a childhood drawing 
over the coffee table,
up on the fridge
in my mother's hands
azure sky, the radiance of it
the soft yellow of it
faber castell colour no. 146
tiny hands
sparkle in eyes
in the possibility of 
one day.
sitting over a rock, looking over
the realness of the memory
I wonder if I could call it 
a dream come true
if I never imagined the loneliness
the cigarette between my fingers
the large shadow of grief
call it
a dream come true
if I never dreamt about 
wanting to drown 
in the river, 
right in the middle of 
my childhood dream."

- Childhood Dreams by Thamanna Razak

5 comments:

Aleefa Ahmed said...

This is so so beautiful. Like every post. Please post fire again it was my favourite.

Thamanna Razak said...

Aleefa, thank you so much for always leaving good things for me to read. I've taken down few posts to work on them or because I'm just that insecure? idk I will one day post them again, hopefully. But thank you really.

Anonymous said...

I often revisit your writings when I want to disconnect from the world. Your writings have some kind of warmth. Your words holds some kind of sunlight in them. Wish I could read more from you, especially the stuff you don't publish.

Thamanna Razak said...

you have no idea how much this means to me. I think my words make up for the warmth I don't hold as a person I guess.

Anonymous said...

You do!! You just don't show it. Its fine the right ones will feel it anyway...